Y. The Celestial Toymaker
Season Three - 1965/1966
The TARDIS materialises and leaves its occupants in a strange domain presided over by an enigmatic and immortal entity known as the Toymaker.
The Toymaker challenges the Doctor, Steven and Dodo play his games. Failure will make them his playthings for all of eternity. The Doctor is challenged to play the trilogic game whilst Steven and Dodo are given other games.
Steven and Dodo succeed at their games, and win back the TARDIS. The Doctor realises that if he does complete the game, the Toymaker will still win. Using a voice synthesiser the Doctor mananges to play the final move from inside the TARDIS, and escape.
- Steven Taylor: Peter Purves
- Dodo Chaplet: Jackie Lane
- The Toymaker: Michael Gough
- Joey: Campbell Singer (1)
- Clara: Carmen Silvera (1)
- King of Hearts: Campbell Singer (2)
- Queen of Hearts: Carmen Silvera (2)
- Knave of Hearts: Peter Stephens (2)
- Joker: Reg Lever (2)
- Sergeant Rugg: Campbell Singer (3)
- Mrs. Wiggs: Carmen Silvera (3)
- Kitchen Boy: Peter Stephens (3)
- Dancers: (all 2-3 - uncredited for 3) Beryl Brahan, Ann Harrison, Deila Linden
- Cyril: Peter Stephens (3-4)
- Doctor's Hand: Albert Ward (3)
Original broadcast on the BBC
|BBC 1||111. The Celestial Toyroom||Saturday, April 2, 1966 5:50 PM - 6:15 PM||8.0M||48%|
|BBC 1||112. The Hall Of Dolls||Saturday, April 9, 1966 5:50 PM - 6:15 PM||8.0M||49%|
|BBC 1||113. The Dancing Floor||Saturday, April 16, 1966 5:50 PM - 6:15 PM||9.4M||44%|
|BBC 1||114. The Final Test||Saturday, April 23, 1966 5:50 PM - 6:15 PM||7.8M||43%|
- Ealing Television Film Studios
- Riverside Studio 1
William Hartnell only appears via pre-recorded dialogue in part two and does not appear at all in part three - an extra supplies the Doctor's hand.