JJ. The Macra Terror
Season Four (continued)
The TARDIS materialises on a planet where the Earth colony is run more like a holiday camp. The Doctor learns from a man named Medok that at night the colony is being infiltrated.
The Doctor finds that the infiltrators are in fact the Macra who have taken over the human colonists and are using them to mine gas that is necessary for their survival.
The Doctor is imprisoned, and Ben falls under the influence of the Macra. It is left to Jamie and Polly to free the others before they to succumb to the Macra.
Under the guidance of the Doctor, Ben destroys the gas pumping equipment, destroying the Macra and freeing the colonists.
- Ben Jackson: Michael Craze
- Polly Wright: Anneke Wills
- Jamie McCrimmon: Frazer Hines
- Jugles: Wilfred Jones (uncredited)
- Pilot: Peter Jeffrey
- Ola: Gertan Klauber
- Controller: Graham Leaman
- Macra Operator: Robert Jewell
- Medok: Terence Lodge (1-3)
- Control Voice: Denis Goacher (1-3)
- Broadcast Voice: Richard Beale (1-3)
- Sunnae: June Enshawe (1,4)
- Chicki: Sandra Bryant (1)
- Drum Majorette: Maureen Lane (1,4)
- Alvis: Anthony Gardner (1)
- Barney: Graham Armitage (1)
- Questa: Ian Fairbarn (1)
- Official: John Harvey (3-4)
- Guards: (all 4) John Caeser, Steve Emerson, Danny Rae
- Cheerleaders: (all 4) Ralph Carrigan, Roger Jerome, Terry Wright
- Pilot's Secretary: Linda Reynolds
- Scientist: Paul Philips
- Girl: Nina Huby
- Band: Fiona Frazer, Avril Gaynor, Maris Hendrick, Janice Hoy, Jill Paris, Amanda Scott
- Dancers: Joe Finlay, Maureen Hillman, Sheelah McGrath, Ted Merwood, Judy Nichols, Anthony Rayner
- Citizens: Bill Beesley, Deryn Fisher, George Gibbs, Edwina King, Leonard Kingston, Maureen Morris, Leslie Pitt
- Mine Workers: Walter Henry, Maureen Hillman, Leonard Kingston, Sheelah McGrath, Judy Nichols, Anthony Rayner, Tony Starr, Alan Troy
|BBC 1||153. Episode 1||Saturday, March 11, 1967 5:50 PM - 6:15 PM||8.0M||50%|
|BBC 1||154. Episode 2||Saturday, March 18, 1967 5:50 PM - 6:15 PM||7.9M||48%|
|BBC 1||155. Episode 3||Sunday, March 26, 1967 5:50 PM - 6:15 PM||8.8M||52%|
|BBC 1||156. Episode 4||Saturday, April 1, 1967 5:50 PM - 6:15 PM||8.4M||49%|
- Ealing Television Film Studios
- Lime Grove Studio D
- Brighton Rubbish Tip, East Sussex; Dunstable
This story was the first to use a new title sequence, again by an uncredited Bernard Lodge.