Season Twenty Two
The planet Karfel, visited by the Doctor in his third incarnation, is now ruled over by a mutated scientist known as the Borad. Rebels are banished into the Timelash - a time tunnel. When the sixth Doctor and Peri visit Karfel they find a very different world.
The Doctor is used by the Karfelons to bring back a girl, Vena, from Earth after she accidentally fell into the Timelash with an important amulet. Whilst on Earth a writer by the name of Herbert George Wells stows away in the TARDIS.
The Borad has a plan to provoke a war with the neighbouring Bandrils. This would exterminate all Karfelons, leaving the planet unpopulated. The Borad would then populate the planet with mutants like himself. For that he would need a partner, and he plans to recreate the accident that mutated him, only this time the victim would be Peri.
The Doctor makes peace with the Bandrils, and exiles the Borad to a 12th century Scottish lake.
- Peri Brown: Nicola Bryant
- Malin Tekker: Paul Darrow
- Mykros: Eric Deacon
- Vena Renis: Jean Anne Crowley
- The Borad (Megelen): Robert Ashby
- Kendron: David Ashton
- Herbert George Wells: David Chandler
- Councillor Brunner: Peter Robert Scott
- Sezom: Dicken Ashworth
- Katz: Tracy Louise Ward
- Old Man: Denis Carey
- Android: Dean Hollingsworth
- Voice of the Bandril Ambassador: Martin Gower (uncredited for 1)
- Guardolier: James Richardson
- Mailn Renis: Niel Hallet (1)
- Tyheer: Martin Gower (1)
- Aram: Christine Kavanagh (1)
- Gazak: Steven Macintosh
- Guardoliers: Richard Bonehill, Peter Gates Fleming, Kevin O'Brien
- Young Karfelon: Chris Bradshaw
- Rebels: Brian Melloy, Mike Nagel
|BBC 1||636. Part One||Saturday, March 9, 1985 5:20 PM - 6:05 PM||6.7M||66%|
|BBC 1||637. Part Two||Saturday, March 16, 1985 5:20 PM - 6:05 PM||7.4M||64%|
- Televison Centre studio not known
Episode 1 : Peri pronounces "Daleks" with an English accent.
Episode 1 : Watch for the moment when Malin Renis (one of the Karfellans) accidentally pulls a slider switch from the computer console.
Episode 1 : The Doctor says he is travelling light this time after Tekker's enquiry as to whether Peri is his only companion. But the last time he was here (as the Third Doctor) he only had Jo Grant with him - so he was travelling light then too.
Episode 2 : After the robots have attacked there are several unconscious guards on the floor; one of them quite noticeably shuffles his legs.
Conquest of the Daleks (this was originally planned as a Dalek story)
The painting of the third Doctor seen behind the smashed panelling was by American fan artist Gail Bennett.