L. Doctor Who - The Rescue
The TARDIS materialises on the planet Dido near the end of the twenty-fifth century. The Doctor and his companions come across a crashed spacecraft with only two survivors.
Bennett is ill, and is being looked aftr by Vicki. She explains that Koquillion is looking after them and protecting them from the native Didonians.
The Doctor is sceptical, and challenges Koquillion, who turns out to be Bennett in disguise. He had murdered every one on the ship to hide a previous murder he had committted. He also killed the native Didonians.
Bennett's plan was to return to Earth and get Vicki, who knew nothing of his murders, to testify to his innocence. Bennett is panicked by two Didonians (he thought he had killed them all) and falls off a cliff. The Doctor offers Vicki a place on board the TARDIS.
- Barbara Wright: Jacqueline Hill
- Ian Chesterton: William Russell
- Vicki: Maureen O'Brien
- Bennett/Koquillion: Ray Barrett (Koquillion credited to Sydney Wilson for 1)
- Space Captain: Tom Sheridan
- Sand Monster: Tom Sheridan
- Didonians: Colin Hughes (2), John Stuart (2)
Showings on the BBC
|52||The Powerful Enemy||Saturday, January 02, 1965||5:40 PM - 6:05 PM||12.0M||57%|
|53||Desperate Measures||Saturday, January 09, 1965||5:40 PM - 6:05 PM||13.0M||59%|
Outside LocationsNo location details are available
- Ealing Television Film Studios
- Riverside Studio 1
BloopersNo blooper details are available
- Although Dennis Spooner was now the story editor, he is not credited for this or the following stories.
- In order not to reveal the true identity of Koquillion it was credited to Sydney Wilson, a combination of Sydney Newman and Donald Wilson, two of the men who created Doctor Who.
- Doctor Who and Tanni (Tanni was the original name of the Vicki character)