U. Doctor Who - The Myth Makers
The TARDIS materialises near the beseiged city of Troy on the plains of Asia Minor where the Doctor is hailed by Achilles as the god Zeus and is taken to a Greek camp.
Steven and Vicki are captured by the Trojans and thought to possess supernatural powers. In order to prove she is not a spy Vicki is given two days to banish the greeks. Meanwhile the Doctor has been given the task of devisaing a scheme to capture Troy.
The Doctor believes the story of the Trojan horse to be false, but decides to create the horse, allowing the troops inside the Troy city. In the following battle Steven is injured.
Steven is helped aboard the TARDIS by the Doctor and a handmaiden of the Trojan prophetess Cassandra, Katarina. Vicki decides to stay behind with Troilus.
- Vicki: Maureen O'Brien
- Steven Taylor: Peter Purves
- Odysseus: Ivor Salter
- Agamemnon: Francis de Wolff (1-3)
- Achilles: Cavin Kendall (1,4)
- Cyclops: Tutte Lemkow (1-3)
- Hector: Alan Heywood (1)
- Menelaus: Jack Melford (3-4)
- King Priam: Max Adrian (2-4)
- Paris: Barrie Ingham (2-4)
- Cassandra: Francis White (2-4)
- Messenger: John Luxton (2)
- Trolius: James Lynn (3-4)
- Soldiers: Gerry Alexander, Paul Barnes, Leslie Bryan, Derek Chafer, Norton Clark, Peter Day, Jack Duggan, John Freeman, Pat Gorman, James Hamilton, Graham Hardy, Tony Hennessy, Ricky Lancing, Ken Norris, Steve Pokol, Mike Reid, Peter Roy, Russell Scott, Donald Simons, Mike Stevens, Peter Blair Stewart, Derek Ware, Michael Wilder, Gary Wyler
- Citizens of Troy: Ian Anton, Victor Bailey, Michelle Barry, Margaret Bass, Eric Blackburn, Daphne Green, David Grenau, Walter Henry, John May, John Moore, John Moyce, Michael Osborne, Darrel Richards, Jack Rowlands, Joanna Smithers, Cara Stevens, Doreen Ubels, Stephen Ubels
- Extras: Ralph Carrigan, Roy Douglas, Mary McMillan, Christopher Stevens, Beverly Stevens, Chris Stevens, Pat Stevens
- Double for Hector: Michael Wilder
- Double for Achilles: Pat Gorman
Showings on the BBC
|BBC 1||87||Temple Of Secrets||Saturday, October 16, 1965||5:50 PM - 6:15 PM||8.3M||43%|
|BBC 1||88||Small Prophet, Quick Return||Saturday, October 23, 1965||5:50 PM - 6:15 PM||8.1M||51%|
|BBC 1||89||Death Of A Spy||Saturday, October 30, 1965||5:50 PM - 6:15 PM||8.7M||49%|
|BBC 1||90||House Of Destruction||Saturday, November 06, 1965||5:50 PM - 6:15 PM||8.3M||52%|
- Frensham Ponds, Nr. Guildford, Surrey
- Ham, Nr. Petersham, Surrey
- Ealing Television Film Studios
- Riverside Studio 1
BloopersNo blooper details are available
- Maureen O'Brien leaves at the end of the story.
- The Trojans
- Episode 3: Is There a Doctor in the Horse?