Y. Doctor Who - The Celestial Toymaker
The TARDIS materialises and leaves its occupants in a strange domain presided over by an enigmatic and immortal entity known as the Toymaker.
The Toymaker challenges the Doctor, Steven and Dodo play his games. Failure will make them his playthings for all of eternity. The Doctor is challenged to play the trilogic game whilst Steven and Dodo are given other games.
Steven and Dodo succeed at their games, and win back the TARDIS. The Doctor realises that if he does complete the game, the Toymaker will still win. Using a voice synthesiser the Doctor mananges to play the final move from inside the TARDIS, and escape.
- Steven Taylor: Peter Purves
- Dodo Chaplet: Jackie Lane
- The Toymaker: Michael Gough
- Joey: Campbell Singer (1)
- Clara: Carmen Silvera (1)
- King of Hearts: Campbell Singer (2)
- Queen of Hearts: Carmen Silvera (2)
- Knave of Hearts: Peter Stephens (2)
- Joker: Reg Lever (2)
- Sergeant Rugg: Campbell Singer (3)
- Mrs. Wiggs: Carmen Silvera (3)
- Kitchen Boy: Peter Stephens (3)
- Dancers: (all 2-3 - uncredited for 3) Beryl Brahan, Ann Harrison, Deila Linden
- Cyril: Peter Stephens (3-4)
- Doctor's Hand: Albert Ward (3)
Showings on the BBC
|BBC 1||111||The Celestial Toyroom||02 April 1966||17:50 - 18:15||8.0M||48%|
|BBC 1||112||The Hall Of Dolls||09 April 1966||17:50 - 18:15||8.0M||49%|
|BBC 1||113||The Dancing Floor||16 April 1966||17:50 - 18:15||9.4M||44%|
|BBC 1||114||The Final Test||23 April 1966||17:50 - 18:15||7.8M||43%|
Outside LocationsNo location details are available
- Ealing Television Film Studios
- Riverside Studio 1
BloopersNo blooper details are available
- William Hartnell only appears via pre-recorded dialogue in part two and does not appear at all in part three - an extra supplies the Doctor's hand.
- The Toymaker