MMM. Doctor Who - The Curse Of Peladon
he Doctor and Jo take the TARDIS on a test flight to the planet of Peladon, a planet which is attending negotiations to join the Federation, although not everyone is in favour, and someone is using the spirit of Aggedor in an attempt to drive a wedge between Peladon and the Federation.
The TARDIS falls down the side of a mountain, and the Doctor and Jo seek shelter inside the citadel where they are mistaken as the Earth delegates. Someone attacks Arcturus, and the Doctor is accused. He has to face the King's Champion, and survives.
At first the Doctor suspects that the Ice Warriors are to blame, but they really do appear to be pacifists. Eventually it emerges that High Priest Hepesh and Arcturus are to blame. Arcturus has convinced Hepesh that the Federation would exploit the planet of its mineral wealth, although this was Arcturus's intention. Arcturus kills the King's Champion, and is in turn killed by one of the Ice Warriors.
The Doctor finds that Aggedor isn't such a beast, but is a rather more timid creature. Hepesh has been using the creature and orders it to kill the Doctor. Instead it turns on Hepesh.
- Jo Grant: Katy Manning
- King Peladon: David Troughton
- Hepesh: Geoffrey Toone
- Izlyr: Alan Bennion
- Ssorg: Sonny Caldinez
- Alpha Centauri: Stuart Fell
- Voice of Alpha Centauri: Ysanne Churchman
- Arcturus: Murphy Grumber (1-3)
- Voice of Arcturus: Terry Bale (1-3)
- Grun: Gordon St. Clair (1-3)
- Aggedor: Nick Hobbs
- Chancellor Torbis: Henry Gilbert (1)
- Guard Captain: George Giles (4)
- Amazonia: Wendy Danvers (4)
- Double for the Doctor: Terry Walsh (3)
- Guards: Stewart Berry, Peter Brace, Derek Chafer, Billy Dean, Royston Farrell, Billy Horrigan, Mike Horsburgh, Dinny Powell, Mike Stevens, Roy Street, Rocky Taylor, Terry Walsh, Chris Web, Les White
Showings on the BBC
|BBC 1||308||Episode One||Saturday, January 29, 1972||5:50 PM - 6:15 PM||10.3M|
|BBC 1||309||Episode Two||Saturday, February 05, 1972||5:50 PM - 6:15 PM||11.0M|
|BBC 1||310||Episode Three||Saturday, February 12, 1972||5:50 PM - 6:15 PM||7.8M|
|BBC 1||311||Episode Four||Saturday, February 19, 1972||5:50 PM - 6:15 PM||8.4M|
Outside LocationsNo location details are available
- Ealing Television Film Studios
- Television Centre Studio 3
- Television Centre Studio 4
- Episode 2: When the Doctor and Jo go through one of the secret doors leading down below the palace, watch the door as it closes behind them - overhead you can see the string which was used to pull the door open in the first place.
- This story is held in a converted NTSC format suitable for UK transmission.
- The Curse
- Curse Of The Peladons